Stormin Mormon

Different types of batteries can supply different amperage.

High: Alkaline, Nicad, Nickel metal hydride.

Medium: zinc chloride.

Low: Carbon managanese dioxide.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Grandpa Koca" wrote in message
wrote:
Pop wrote:

That depends on whether the batteries are in series of
parallel; you cannot determine it with the given
information. No one can.

I dont think I've ever seen any consumer appliance that runs on 4x D
cells in parallel.

NT

And if it does, he's gonna need a real hefty amperage power supply. My
kid had a toy that ate 4 D batteries before lunch. The voltage
requirement was for 6 volts. A 1 amp transformer didn't have enough
oomph, but a 2 amp one did. About the only thing I can figure out about
batteries (AAA, AA, C, D) is that the bigger they are, the more current
they can supply, given that they are all about 1.5 volt nominal.

--
Grandpa Koca - SAHD for 6 - Keeper of the Perpetual Kindergarten
My opinion is neither copyrighted nor trademarked. It is price