My apologies to folks who answered my prior post. Stove is new unit
and I have not pulled old unit yet as replacement is for cosmetic
purposes prior to house sale. I found install manual inside of
covered drip pan and have hook up directions. Gives both 3 & 4 wire
methods. Wires are in metal sheathing coming out of stove, & labeled
as 10 gage and are copper.

Seems like for current code (?) I will have to run 4-wire cable unless
I can get along with a separate appliance ground wire. Length of run
will be 30-35 feet so can I use 8 gage wire if separate run is not
allowed?

On Thu, 19 May 2005 03:51:14 -0400, " uriah wrote:

Just got new drop in electric stove which has 4 wire 10 gage hookup.
Old stove has 3 wire 6 gage cable per my inspection of breaker box.
Do I have to replace with 4 wire cable or can I run a single 6 gage
wire to box to for forth wire.
Stan