hazen

Hey fh

One more thought. I would take a half day or so and research the
construction supply places in your area. See if your more local,
commercial type lumber/home supply place (not necessarily Home Depot
or Lowe's) carry a more commercial grade leveler. Keep in mind the
higher the viscosity of your mix (watery) the less durable. Easier to
apply perhaps, but it may not be as durable in a high traffic
situation. You should be fine with a carpet/carpet pad over the top,
but I might errr towards a thicker mix and better product. I am not
saying that the Home Depot/Lowe's type stuff is bad, it may be great,
but do some research. Sometimes, when buying this type of product,
paying a little more may be a good thing...And try and ask a nuetral
source, not someone who stands to "make a sale" by boasting their
product.

Also, you may need a type of etching primer to put down on the
concrete slab before your pour the leveler. It's a matter of rolling
it on with a paint roller. Like I said, the mix should naturally
level out, and if it does, all you will need to do is trowel out the
edges to try and create a smooth transition. Even if the product you
purchase states No primer needed, do it anyway. Not that big of a
deal and will help the mix bond to the slab.

take a look at this link for an idea...

http://www.custombuildingproducts.co...er=diy&lang=en

Hazen