MUADIBŪ

This is a simple question with many answers.
In all actuality, there is a place and time for either type of tool.
I prefer to use hand tools at work, as I work with 7mm screws and such
all the time. Phillips head screws, 8mm screws, torx
stuff..........none of which are torqued terribly tight. None of which
are in a hard to get to situation. So, I prefer a ratcheting
screwdriver most of the time. I am as quick as someone with a screw
gun most of the time because I have been doing it so long. Very rarely
is a power tool of any benefit over the hand tool in my work. (every
now and again I wish for a battery powered impact for seat bolt
removal in cars )

At home, I use a similar philosophy. If I can do it by hand, and have
the energy to do it, I use hand tools. If I am tired cause I have
worked all day, and lack the energy I may use a power tool.

Just tonight, I got out and used a pruning saw (hand powered) for half
an hour. I have a chainsaw, but no ladder, so this was the ONLY method
I have of working on the high branches.

If I do wood work of any kind, I try and use power tools with guides
and such to do more accurate work, as I haven't a steady hand, and
like another poster, I think nailing with a power nailer would be an
awesome thing if I had one, as wood tends to move as you screw/nail a
lot of the time when there's just marks to line up.

All in all, they noth have their place.

It's certainly not a matter of whats better for the sake of power or
not.

So, what do the other fine posters on this group think? Hand wrenches
or power tools? Lets not dissolve into chants of "Great taste / less
filling" which was a mantra from a beer commercial a couple decades
ago.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIBŪ

http://www.angelfire.com/retro/sster...IN%20PAGE.html