hazen

Hey fh!

Are there any cracks in the slab? If not, I would think you are
probably ok. I am planning on glueing down pine on my concrete slab.
My slab has some uneven spots that I need to level. The best bet is
purchase some self-leveling mix. I plan on trying something called
Henry Floor Smoother - a concrete type mix that you mix, pour and
spread. You can find it at Lowe's

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...95073&pad=true

If that link doesn't work, just go to the Lowes site online, type in
your zip code and do a search for the product.

Its not that difficult but can be messy if you don't prep right, but
all the instructions will be with whatever product you use. It's
pretty quick and easy stuff. However, if you are planning on keeping
your carpet down, I wouldn't fool with it until you are seriously
considering selling. Unless it's annoying you now. I don't know how
much of it you have peeled back to see your slab, but pulling up the
carpet and putting it back down snug can be a bit of a pain as well.
Again, not too difficult, but a job in itself. It's probably a two
weekend job. But it might be just as easy to have a flooring person
come in and knock it out for your prior to you putting the condo on
the market. Prior to him/her coming out, you could have already
pulled up the carpet which would save you an hour or two of billable
labor hours at 40-50 bucks an hour.

If you plan on putting wood down, you will have level it.

Hazen[