Edwin Pawlowski

"fh101" wrote in message
..
We
hired a building inspector to check it out and were told that the
plywood floorboards were slipping due to settling, though the condo
was structurally sound. He also said that this could easily be fixed
at a minimal cost by pulling back the plywood and reinforcing the
frame with some 4X4's. Well, today I peeled back the carpet to take
a look and discovered that the subfloor isn't plywood, it's concrete!
What the ?!?

So much for the quality of the builing inspector. Try to get your money
back as he is a fraud.

Anyways, the condo is about 20 years old and the previous owners
assured me that the dip hasn't increased in the past 6 years or so.
Assuming that the frame is in decent shape, what would be the best
(and most economical) way of leveling the floor?

There are concrete compounds that are for floor leveling. You'd have to
remove the carpet and spread the cement and finish it off. You may want to
talk to a pro for a job like that.

It may be best to determine if the floor has sagged over the years or if it
was not properly finished when the place was built. The fact that there is
a dip does not mean it is a structural problem. Any cracks? It could well
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/