Edwin Pawlowski

"Art" wrote in message
ink.net...
I have a small undercabinet flourscent fixture with what appears to be a
removable starter. In fact, with a magnifying glass you can clearly see
the arrow and the word "Remove" right on the starter. I've replaced plenty
of starters in my day but this one doesn't budge. On both sides of the
starter there is a spring clip stuck out. I've tried pushing them in with
screwdrivers and needle nose pliars but the starter still doesn't budge.
Any suggestion besides hitting the fixture with a hammer?

If it is the same as the fixture under my cabinet, it is cheaper to replace
the entire fixture that the bulb and probably the starter. go ahead and hit
it with a hammer. Does it have the plastic shield over the bulb? If so, it
is probably getting yellow and a new one will be brighter. IIRC. I paid
less than $8