I believe they were installed correctly. The company that put them in
has been on an ABC home improvement show (don't remember the name, but
it has the word extreme in it). Like water over the dam or shingles
over the roof, it's too late to change anything. Anyway, this roof
looks radically different whether you are standing on it or looking
from the ground up. That's why the photos in the brochure are
deceiving. Unless someone is 25 ft tall, and I'm not, Landmark TL does
not look good to my eyes.

I wish that I had studied more about the aesthetics of roof coverings,
because a design mistake of this magnitude a homeowner lives with for
40 years, basically a lifetime of ownership. I'm just hoping that in 10
years, the rain and the elements will have "thinned" out and faded the
shingles so they look more appealing.