PrecisionMachinisT

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
m...

"James" wrote in message
Anyone able to interpet what this sentence means??

------------------------------------

Well to note probly additional urushiol is rapidly exuded in order to

help
protect the plant after any tissue injury.....

She/he should pay attention to the fact that the plant (poison ivy) will
give off a lot of urushiol (what makes it poison) when the vines or leaves
are damaged in order to protect itself. Sort of like the white or red

blood
cells (can never recall which it is) in our bodies fight an injury,

scrape,
cut, etc.

Does that help?

Exactly...not sure this is in fact the case but IMO it does seem pretty
likely.

Poison oak, poison ivy, and poison sumac are all members of the genus
toxicohendron, and urishiol is the toxin common to all three of these plants
that is responsible for allergic dermatitus reaction in humans.

While it doesn't seem to bother me one bit, my wife is clinically
hypersensitive to the toxin and so it has been the subject of some fairly
in-depth study on my part.

I've been thinking about getting several goats, as we have about 3 acres of
fairly steep hillside that is more or less covered with poison oak.

One other thing.....DO NOT BURN IT !!!...deaths from inhalation of the smoke
do indeed occur on a fairly regular basis.

--

SVL