toller

"martin" wrote in message
current setup

Bathroom distribution:

2 breakers : 1-15A GFI, 1-15A, 1 pole duplex .
2 wires from breakers, 1-2wire, 1-3wire

2 wire cable
- connected to A of 15A duplex breaker
- running to GFI receptacle

3 wire cable
- 1 hot connected to B of 15A duplex breaker
- runnig to lights, fan
- 1 hot connected to GFI breaker
- running to floor heating cables

- neutral connected to GFI breaker

is this setup OK? Does the GFI breaker neutal works ok if shared between
2 breakers?

No, it won't work; so if it does, it must not be wired that way. The 3wire
neutral must go only to the floor heating cable; the lights must use some
other neutral.
It is not necessarily unsafe, but odds are it is.
At an absolute minumum you must have net 0a going through every metal hole,
such as the one in the breaker box. Also, the two hots that share a neutral
must go to opposite legs. If you can do those, it may be safe, but it will
still be ugly. It will still be potentially dangerous because the next guy
will have no idea what you have done.

It should be wired so that the 2wire goes between the GFCI breaker and the
floor heating cable and the 240v breaker runs the light and outlet via the
3wire. And of course each neutral must go to the proper hot.

Originally this setup was planned beacuse the receptacle is on the other
side of bathroom.
3 wire cable runs to wall with switches for lights, afan, and floor
heating thermostat. Will the circuit work, or is there a chance of GFI
breaker tripping?
If needed, I can rerun the cables, but beforte I get into it, I want to be
sure that it is required.

Thanks.

martin