Kathy

"William W. Plummer"
wrote in message
Kathy, There are "Poison Ivy Killers" made

specifically for this
purpose. They usually have a directed spray so

you can pinpoint where
it gets applied. That's important because a

spray mist would takeout
many of your desirable plants nearby.

Do not snip the plant near the ground until it is

dead. You want the
killer to be transported to the roots.

Expect to apply at least 3 times, a week apart.

Check the label.

When the poison ivy is dead, you can carefully

remove the plants and any
roots you can early pull up. But it may take

until Fall for this. Wear
cheap clothes and gloves and dispose (not burn)

every when you're
finished. We used to bathe in Fells Naptha soap

afterwards. (I always
suspected that was an early version of an acid

peal!).

Thanks for your input. This is going to be a lot
harder than I thought. I have to get rid of it
before fall because I'd like to have siding put on
my house soon and the contractors have all said
they won't deal with the poison ivy. I searched the
web and found 2 chemicals that should be able to
kill it. Glyphasate and triclopyr. I am going to
try and find a concentrate of one of them. Another
poster suggested Garlon but I don't see that for
being for poison ivy, just blackberries. I've got
the sprayer but I think I'll get another to use
just for poisons. I plan on getting those paper
suits and coving every inch of my body. I wish I
had a friend who wasn't allergic!

Thanks again to all who responded.