G Henslee

HorneTD wrote:
G Henslee wrote:

What do you think the "local Code Enforcement Office" uses to
administer and enforce the codes 'locally'? To mention a few, ever
heard of the Uniform Building Code, International Building Code,
International Residential Code?

Among others, I've got all of those code books sitting on my desk for
referral. They *are* the horses mouth and are all or in part adopted
by governmental agencys/building departments/code enforcement
departments nationwide with regards to building codes and their
enforcement of them.

When it comes to the "requirements and technicalities" regarding
housing, zoning, or public nuisance codes, as an ICBO, IBC, and CCEO
certified building, zoning, and code enforcement inspector I believe I
can give it from the horses mouth.

OTH if all I had to offer for advice was "maybe this or maybe that and
call your local inspector" then I would really have nothing to offer
here and I wouldn't.

Since you are not the Authority Having
Jurisdiction (AHJ) for the code that has actually been adopted in the
OPs community your answer is nowhere near final.

I never said it was final. Go back and read my reply to the OP.

Fire resistive
separation may not have been required in that community when that home
was built.

I never said it was required then. Go back and read my reply to the OP.

If the OP undertakes to do what you advise they may be
subject to permits and inspection. Adding a firewall to the structure
could cause the finished structure to be subject to enactments passed
since the home was built. An Inquiry directed to the actual AHJ may
well avoid a major expense.
--
Tom Horne

Yes, those are all possibilites. Go back and read my reply to the OP.
It just about verbatim from the IBC. That's all. Should the OP check
with the locals? Sure. Did I advise that? No. So what? That doesn't
take away from the validity or correctness of my answer as you and your
cronies want to imply. Go harp on something else.

end of subject...