Robert11

Default Grounding Metal Junction Boxes Question

Hello:

Will be installing a floodlight over my deck.

Ths situation is basically -

- wires come thru the wall to the outside house wall.

- there I will have a metal weathertight box that will make a 90 degree turn
to allow a run of PVC conduit upwards, about ten feet.

- then another metal weathertight box that will hold the floodlight.

Was wondering about the grounding.

Will ground the uppermost light assembly and the box via the green wire, of
course.

Think it is necessary, or a code requirement, to ground the lower box also ?

It is just providing some protection for the wire nut splices of the house
wires coming thru the wall, and the new wire run up inside the conduit.

Thanks,
B.