Default Certainteed Landmark TL Shingles Look Clunky

In the process of getting a home saleable, I paid over $10K to get
Certainteed Landmark TL shingles placed on the roof of the house. The
old shingles were completely ripped off.

The Certainteed tiles look like Chicklets in the sun, and to my eyes,
very unattractive during certain times of the day. The shadows make
your property appear to be a haunted mansion. Why all the hype about
these "architectural" shingles? They seem to weigh a ton, and initially
do not even lie flat. The brochures do not capture the clunky quality,
and make you think that you are getting a smoother, more uniform
product. Before you make a mistake, ask/demand to see a full-scale
example of the shingles on a real roof. You might hate 'em, or you
might love them.