Bob G.

Thanks Bob. This amen-shield :-) looks like a good idea. I'm
not sure if I could fit 2 beads in the original groove. Check
out this amen--thingy web site?
http://www.websweeper.com/php/pool_liners/ig-009.php

I did help install the liner, 13 years ago. Just like you said
shopvac and move it around. Got a layer of foam over the
concrete bottom. I only worry about cutting the drain/return and
stairs, wrong. Oops there goes a new liner quick.

TP

=======================================
I just did take a look at the Amen-thingy..... lol...and to be very
honest I think IT WOULD, at least in my case extend the life of the
liner...

As I said I am on my 3rd liner... and in each and every case the old
liner simply dry rotted above the water line ....and always on the
side and one end where the sun hits the pool the most.... this amen
thingy would also be effected by years of sun lite etc BUT the liner
itself would be protected... Interesting... instead of getting
12=14 years out of a liner it would last 20 years....LOL...

As for attaching it is the same "slot"....they do make strips that can
be directly scrrewed into the walls just below the coping in effect
giving you a completely new channel to snap the liner into... not
expensive.

I would not worry about cutting the liner for the returns, or
skimmers... You do this when the pool water level is just an inch or
so below the area where you need to cut...almost impossible to cut the
liner wrong... the shop vac and the water inside the pool keeps
everything tight ....main drain is the hardest but again on a scale of
1 to 10... ten being hard... its at 1 or 0,5...

I figure my liner has another 7-8 years of live in it and I am now in
my 60's and do not know if I physically could install another liner
in my 70's (old arthritis yada yada)...but I will keep that amen
thingy in mind...

Good luck

Bob Griffiths