Bob G.

On Mon, 09 May 2005 01:23:28 GMT, TP
wrote:

We need to replace our in-ground pool vinyl liner. Has anyone
any comments on this experience? It is a simple rectangle shape.
I was wondering if the thickness 20mil or 30mil? Here in the
North East, it has to warmer temps to install.
What about this Ameri-Shield? This is an extra piece of
vinyl that matches the perimeter of your new liner? It is
secured above the liner in the same track via a "T" lock system.
It hangs down into the water a few inches. Anyone use this?

Thanks
TP

============
I have no clue as to what that Amen-shield is... My Vinyl
Liner/concrete bottom pool is 30 odd years old and I installed all 3
of the liners that I have needed....

Thicker Vinyl is in my opinion better.....As for installing one all
you really need is to identify the corners (usually marked) and
snap it in place....remove about 6 inches of liner fromt he coping
insert a vac hose from a good shop vac... and the liner will be sucked
inplace... turn off vac...adjust liner yada yada until it is wrinkle
free.... Not hard... From memory it was NOT really warm outside when
I replaced the liner ...early spring for the replacements...original
went in in November.... Located in the Balto/Washington area

Bob Griffiths