Doug Miller

In article , "toller" wrote:
I bought some 3/8" soft copper tubing, which fits the 3/8" compression
fittings just fine.

I also bought some 3/8" sweat elbows and Ts. They are way too big.

That's because they're made for 3/8 copper *pipe*.

Presumably it is a matter of ID and OD being used for different components?

It's a matter of 3/8 tube and 3/8 pipe not being the same size. 3/8 tube is
3/8 actual ID.

What size sweat fitting go with 3/8" soft copper?

None that I know of. Sweat fittings are for pipe, compression and flare
fittings are for tube.

What are the 3/8" sweat fittings for? I've never seen 3/8" hard copper.

3/8 copper pipe.

--
Regards,