Chris Lewis

According to HorneTD :

Sorry but no. I'm not a lawyer either but I do know that to have a
cause of action at law the person you are suing must have had a duty to
you that they breached. It is decided law that advice given freely is
worth what you pay for it and creates no duty toward the hearer.

Uh, no. It _helps_ to be sure. Particularly for professionals handing
out free advice, but sometimes being a professional may make it worse.

It's by no means a slam dunk. There's never _zero_ duty of care.

Given a sufficiently egregious stupidity, _nothing_ will save you.

Matt's being a case in point. He'd be in even more danger if he
were a "pro".
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est