Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Doug McLaren wrote:
I also tend to use the cheapest batteries for non critical
applications (power tools, cordless phones, etc.) -- 700 mAh AA NiCd
cells from Harbor Freight Tools for $0.60/cell? Pretty cheap! I'm
not surprised if most of the failure rate is the fault of that.

Hmm. I've found the poor performance of cheap cordless power tools to be
more down to poor quality original cells than the motor or control gear.
Substituting Sanyo cells can sometimes bring the performance more inline
with a decent quality one. Like far better - and controllable - starting
torque in screwdriver mode, etc.

--
*Women who seek to be equal to men lack ambition.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.