Jim

The first CSMS I used was a Hitachi 8" & I've always loved it. Before
that we had a 12" Makita chop saw which wasn't nearly as clean cutting
or as versatile.

There was recently (this year) a magazine article with a run down of a
bunch of CSMS's - Wood Magazine? Workbench? I think they gave top
honors to the Bosch, but I can't remember. I do recall it was pricey,
but had some very nice features. As I recall the biggest fault was
changing blades was a drag.

One of the biggest drawbacks to the Dewalts I looked at during the last
couple of shows was that all of them had detents that couldn't be
over-ridden. For picture frames, that might be OK, but for trim in a
house where nothing is ever quite square, it's a real pain, IMO. A lot
of the other CSMS's suffer from this same problem.

The other problem some saws face is they can't hit the same angles in
both directions. Not as common nor an insurmountable problem, but I've
screwed up more than once trying to reverse/upside down cut an angle.
Tear out can also be an issue.

As with any other tool, even if it busts the budget a little, I'd go
with best quality one I can. I might regret it for a week or a month
while trying to rebalance the budget, but every time I've tried to save
money on a tool by sacrificing quality/features, I wind up regretting
it for years.

Jim