Mark & Juanita

On Tue, 31 May 2005 09:51:08 -0700, "Charles Spitzer"
wrote:

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" wrote in message
m...
Highland Pairos wrote:
I need to trim some side panels for a cabinet to length. They are too
wide
for my crosscut sled and too wide and too long for the mitre gauge to be
effective.

The simplest way to handle this is to simply clamp a straight edge to the
desired spot and then have at it with a circular saw. I bought an
aluminum straightedge that can handle up to a 96" panel many years ago and
I always use it to knock panels down to size before I do anything on the
table saw.

Forget constructing a special sled for this; you're working much too hard.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE

or cut it just a bit wide with the circular saw, and then move the fence
over a bit and use a straight bit on a router.

That's my preferred approach. The circular saw gets the bulk of the
material and the router with a good straightedge as a guide gets the final
fine cut.