Wilson

None of them around here have a market for the wood and want money.
Handling rough wood takes more time than most people will put in. You'll
get some great wood for about .40.BF. Enjoy.
Wilson
"No" wrote in message ...
Hello - I seem to recall that folks with portable saw mills will mill in
exchange for wood. Is this common? What is the max capacity of a typical
portable mill? Can a portable mill handle a 175 year old Oak aprox 3 foot
diameter and a straight 15 foot length? I have a few oaks about that size
on
the ground plus a couple of others of unknown species about the same age.
All are on the ground and limbed. One of the largest, 41" at base. has
about
an 8" hollow core at the 16' cut, not at the base. If folks do do it in
exchange for the wood what is typical? 50/50? 80/20? 20/80? 99/1? If a
blade
hits a piece of metal or is damaged then what?

Anyone in south central PA interested in milling this?