operator jay

"Richard Crowley" wrote in message
"TJ Hertz" wrote ...

One thing I noticed about the unit was that it used a 2-pin power
lead with apparently no earth. As in, the socket on the machine
only had 2 pins, so there was no option to use an earthed cable
(even though the transformer had earthed sockets). What's the
deal with this? Can anything be done? Obviously I can't sell a unit
on eBay in Very Good Condition if it shocks you when you plug
it in, even if it works fine otherwise.
Is my only option to sell it as-seen with a buyer warning?

Someone pointed out the online manual. It has specific mention of earthing
in certain regions. You might want to take a look. Maybe something there
will be worth knowing.