No

I am of the opinion that a 10" is inherently more accurate than a 12". The
12" has a bit of blade deflection when spinning at high speed. You can save
a couple of bucks getting a 10". To compensate for the smaller blade I think
you would want a SCMS. I have the Makita LS1013. Its about $400 so may be
out of reach for your budget. Dewalt is popular and available everywhere.
Hitachi has some good miter saws as I recall. I think laser is a waste of
$$$. The 1013 is dual bevel, I findf it handy.

I would suggest adding a saw stand. It adds to the usefulness immensely in
my opinion. I have one from trak-rac. An older version from what's at their
web site. Its excellent. http://www.tracrac.com/workstation/workstation.html

"blueman" wrote in message
Looking for a miter saw to complement my trusty table saw in my small
home workshop. I don't think I will have budget or space for a RAS, so
I want to be able to do as much as possible between the table saw and
miter saw.

Primary use will be for moldings, decks/siding, and various chop saw
type stuff.

I am looking for something better than a sub-$100 cheapo saw and
something cheaper than the $400+ high end professional versions.

Not sure what combination of the following to go for considering my
general use, maximum value/flexibility criteria.
- 10" vs. 12"
- CMS vs SCMS
- Laser?
- Dual bevel?