Doug Miller

In article , lid (Calvin Henry-Cotnam) wrote:
Percival P. Cassidy ) said...

OK. Thanks. Now I just thought of another question: if I use NM-B and
feed it down through the back of the inlet box and a hole in the siding,
how can I staple it within 8in. of the box? (Am I remembering the Code
correctly?)

There should be an exception to the stapling rule for fished cable. I don't
know what part of the NEC says so, but in the CEC the rule for non-metalic
sheathed cable is 12-510(3):

NEC Article 336-15: "Supports. [describes support/attachment requirements]
Exception No. 1: For concealed work in finished buildings ... where such
supporting is impracticable, it shall be permissible to fish the cable between
access points."

--
Regards,