Andy Hall

Default Nailgun safety - ouch!

On 7 May 2004 15:39:12 -0700, (N. Thornton) wrote:

Andy Hall wrote in message . ..

I have a Senco framing nailer which I have set up to only fire in the
first mode, which is always carefully maintained, used with utmost
care and with the recommended protective gear. Used with respect,
these are very useful tools, but not forgiving of the careless.

I cant imagine what kind of gear would protect against one of those
shooting you - bullet proof suit

Probably not. There are the obvious ones like eye protection....

"Royal Melbourne Hospital neurosurgeons removed the nail in a delicate
four-hour operation even though Shorten, who was expected to make a
full recovery, had offered to take the nail out with a pair of
pliers."

Now thats what I call diy!

Regards, NT

http://www.senco.com/pdf/manuals/us/HVFN020_3_14_01.pdf