TimPerry

"TJ Hertz" wrote in message
news
I've got a Japanese-bought AKAI S1000 sampler that says "100v AC" on the
back. I live in the UK, where the power supply is 240V or thereabouts. Can

use a 110V transformer, or does it need to be strictly 100V?

Thanks,

--
tj hertz

It probably needs to be 100V. assuming it uses +/- 15Vdc internally the
10% or so may make the regulators run hot and therefore have shortened
life.

You can find the manual here http://www.vintagesynth.com/index2.html

Its possible that the internal transformer can be required for your voltage.
If not a buck/boost transformer in addition to the 240 to 120 step down
transformer will be needed.

An autotransformer would also work but i would not recomend it for the
average user as it would be too easy for it to get misadjusted and
consiquently blow up your vintage gear.