Mike Halmarack

On 31 May 2005 09:04:29 -0700, "Barnsey"
wrote:

Thanks for that. One reason i wanted to mix myself was to reduce the
cost. I've got a lot of posts to do.

I use the metpost method as already described. The concrete-in ones
are sometimes not available, so I stand the pointy ones on their heads
and make angled cuts into the metal of the spike with an angle
grinder. Then I bend these newly made fins to a horizontal position.
They combine with concrete really well then.

When I've dug out old, concreted-in wooden posts in the past, I've
always been glad when the concrete mix used has been really weak on
cement. It's a great relief when the concrete casing disintegrates
into fine rubble with just a couple of blows.
--
Regards,
Mike Halmarack

Drop the EGG to email me.