"Mungo \"two sheds\" Toadfoot" wrote:
Bazza wrote:
I am in the process of decorating and laying a laminate floor, to
avoid using beading to cover the expansion gap (tried it in another
room but did not like the effect) I have removed the skirting board
which will be painted before replacing over the laminate.
Rather than nailing it back in position I am thinking of using one of
the "no nails" type of adhesive, anybody had any experience using this
method with skirting, it is quite hefty measuring 170 x 20mm.

As long as the walls are straight it works very well. If, like mine, they
are a bit wobbly you might need the odd nail here and there to hold it while
the no-nails goes off.

What about the poor sod (probably you) who needs to remove it at some
time in the future, use screws and wall plugs.

--
Chris Green