Lawrence Wasserman

In article .com,
Never Enough Money wrote:
Problem:
Need a 4 foot board 3.5 inches wide on one end and 3' 5/16'ths on the
other. I have a taper jig I bought from Delta (I think) but it's not
big enough.

Questions:
Do I not know how to use the taper jig I have?
Do I have to build my own? If so, where can I find plans? Or should I
make a larger model of the one I bought?

Solution(s):
Hopefully the responders of this post will provide.....

Get, say, a 1X6 about 4 1/2 feet long, set your fence to its width.
Attach the board to be tapered to the 1X6 using brads, hot glude,
capet tape, or some type of purpose-made hold down, such that the cut
line aligns with the left edge of 1X6. Then push the whole thing
through the saw against the fence.

--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland