On Mon, 30 May 2005 11:27:56 -0400, someone wrote:

That one was a Vtech.

We haven't tried replacing the one in our current phone

Hmm, I DID say that V-Tech was an "economy" brand. Maybe there is
such a thing, but stores like Radio Shack carry replacement cordless
phone batteries, and it used to be that if you bought a cordless phone
the battery would be packed separately (with a warning card not to use
the phone until the battery had been charged for 24 hrs) and you
installed it yourself (the phone would be packed with the battery
cover open/off). At least that way you would know how to replace it!.

If your batteries are dying so soon, maybe you are not following the
proper initial procedure so the battery is not right from day one?