SteveB

"Peabody" wrote in message
news:8_wfe.21474$Um.6909@lakeread08...
SteveB says...

I have a Hayward Pool Vac Ultra. Got it on sale with
rebate for $200. It is a simple device, hooks up to the
suction. I have a 38,000 gallon plaster pool, and I am
102% satisfied with it.

Thanks very much. For a suction cleaner, the Hayward is
beginning to look pretty good. Thanks for the
recommendation.

Gotta tell you, though. I had a problem with mine today. A rock got in
there. You take out five screws, and pull out the rock. It takes about two
minutes. It is a simple device, and I love it.

I call him Poolio. Throw him in the pool, and come back occasionally to see
if it has choked on a pebble. Then, you can put the roller head and pole on
the same hose, and get the places it didn't catch. Bing, bang, boom. GET A
LEAF CATCHER, about 8" in diameter, and 2 feet long. It will catch the
stuff before it goes to the filter.

After seeing all the complicated contraptions that are in use, I wonder why
anyone would use anything else. Geez. some others require ANOTHER pump, and
all sorts of stuff.

Watch for your local pool supplier to have a sale on them. I haven't
shopped the net for them, but I got mine for $200 locally with the rebate.
Maybe you can equal that deal online.

Steve