Andy Hall

On Tue, 31 May 2005 08:36:56 +0100, doozer
wrote:

Ok I'm convinced. I didn't buy one at the show simply because I have
seen other people buy "wonder tools" that turned out to just be rubbish.
I am of the opinion that after several hundred years of refinement the
plane is probably close n as good as it's going to get.

Anyway can someone point me in the direction of some decent planes at
affordable prices ;o) and perhaps tell me what to look for in a good plane?

Thanks.

Have a look at www.axminster.co.uk

Navigate through Hand Tools -- Planes, Spokeshaves and Scrapers --
Planes, Bench

I would avoid the really cheap Axminster own brand ones.

The Stanley ones are reasonable and I also read a reasonable review of
the Footprint ones.

If you really do want a wonder tool that is not a "wonder tool" then
look at the Lie-Nielsen planes. Whether you think that they are
affordable depends on your budget of course :-)

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

http://www.diybanter.com