John Stumbles

Hi Guys

I've been looking at my Baxi boiler (free standing with a brown twister
control top right), I cannot find the model.

Gas is coming into the house but when I push the spark light button and
a grey gas button together I can't see the gas lit, I also don't think
the gas is going into the boiler as I can't hear anything?

From looking at the boiler I see a brown top with a temerature nob to

the top right, inside there is a spark light to the bottom left and to
the right of that is a grey nob that twists and must be pushed in to
get the gas going according to the instructions. There is also a lead
with a plug on it. Directly below the spark light is a control
(similiar to the main gas control to allow gas in the house), I twisted
this on the boiler but couldn't hear anything.

It's often difficult to see the pilot flame on ancient boilers like this.
Often it's off to one side or above or below the window, and you have to
know wher eto look - which inevitably you don't when ther pilot's out! Can
you see the spark when you press the button?

What sometimes happens is the wire from the spark generator falls off one of
its connection terminals or touches something which shorts it to ground to
it doesn't spark - worth a visual check.