Default Baxi Boiler

Hi Guys

I've been looking at my Baxi boiler (free standing with a brown twister
control top right), I cannot find the model.

Gas is coming into the house but when I push the spark light button and
a grey gas button together I can't see the gas lit, I also don't think
the gas is going into the boiler as I can't hear anything?

From looking at the boiler I see a brown top with a temerature nob to

the top right, inside there is a spark light to the bottom left and to
the right of that is a grey nob that twists and must be pushed in to
get the gas going according to the instructions. There is also a lead
with a plug on it. Directly below the spark light is a control
(similiar to the main gas control to allow gas in the house), I twisted
this on the boiler but couldn't hear anything.

Am I being completely stupid or has the boiler died?

Sorry for being a pain!

Daz