Gideon

JimL wrote:
What's a good trick to painting so you don't stick the windows shut?

=====================

1) Leave both sashes slightly open (1" or so) so that you
only have sticking concerns on the vertical sides of the sashes.

2) Avoid slopping too much paint where the sashes met the frames.

3) Move the sashes up and down a few times while the paint is
drying to break any bonding between sashes and frame.

This has worked for me. If you need to remove the sashes for any
repairs such as sash cord replacements, then obviously you should
paint while the sashes are out. Speaking of sash cords, avoid getting
any paint on them. It shortens the life of the cords.

I'm certain that there are pamphlets at hardware stores and paint
stores which give a pretty thorough description of the correct painting
techniques and the proper sequence of steps for painting the windows.

Good luck,
Gideon