Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
doozer wrote:
A Stanley knife blade simply isn't rigid enough for a serious plane.
Nor is it sharp enough.

I'm not saying your wrong but there was a lengthy demonstration which
seemed to indicate that the blade was easily sharp enough. I admit that
he may have sharpened it a little more before hand but I don't think so.

These demonstrations are always designed to show the product at its best.
So nothing to do with real life use. ;-)

As for it not being rigid enough it was pretty firmly held in place so
that only the blade portion was exposed. I would be surprised if
strength was an issue.

Well, just look at the average plane blade. It's supported as close to the
cutting edge as possible. But is many, many times thicker than a Stanley
knife blade.

--
*Why don't sheep shrink when it rains?

Dave Plowman London SW