doozer

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
doozer wrote:

I was up at the NEC a little while back for the home and house building
show and I saw a French guy there selling the "Wonder Boy Plane" (or
something like that) it was a small plane that took Stanley knife blades
and came in a kit with had various attachments to convert it into
different types of plane.

A Stanley knife blade simply isn't rigid enough for a serious plane. Nor
is it sharp enough.

I'm not saying your wrong but there was a lengthy demonstration which
seemed to indicate that the blade was easily sharp enough. I admit that
he may have sharpened it a little more before hand but I don't think so.

As for it not being rigid enough it was pretty firmly held in place so
that only the blade portion was exposed. I would be surprised if
strength was an issue.