Ewan D. Milne

Mark D. Zacharias wrote:
Sound Man wrote:
I found it at www.electronix.com part number KHM240AAA. $26 +
shipping. It beats buying a new one.

Thanks for you help!

There will be a "solder short" on the new one which must be cleared before
the new one will function.
Additionally, there is a simple setup procedure for the Sony which is run
using the onscreen menus, etc. Post back when you get it running and we'll
walk you through it.
There has been an issue with used, defective pickups being sold by some
vendors. Beware.

Mark Z.

I recently purchased one of these from www.electronix.com and after I
installed it, the DVD player would not come out of standby mode -- the
power LED would change from green to red for a second, then go back to
red.
There was never any video output. I put the old pickup back in and
that
problem went away. Can you describe where the "solder short" is that
has to be cleared?

Interestingly enough, the DVD player worked for a couple of days after
I put the old pickup back in, and then it stopped working again. It
seems
like the problem that causes the NO DISC error is that the disk doesn't
start spinning.

-Ewan