WillR

Robatoy wrote:
In article ,
WillR wrote:

Finished my latest projects -- a set of Mission Style Clocks in Cherry
and a Country Style Mantle Clock in Red Oak.

http://woodwork.pmccl.com/Business/p...ksandlamps.htm

The clock is similar to a country clock (pg. 88) in "(The Complete Guide
to) Making Wooden Clocks" by John Nelson. It has been re-proportioned
and changed to a better style of joinery (IMO). (No butt joints nails or
screws now -- just a bit of glue and a couple of decorative nails in the
back.) Also added a rear door so it has a compartment, and a "secret
compartment" under the drawer.

Nice!
I like simple straight lines like the Stickley designs.
Have you considered simple angular stained glass for the shade?

For the mission style? Exactly -- the store has someone who does stained
glass shades and windows -- but it _really_ drives up the price --
outside the range of their customers... So cloth for now... But I will
do another set for myself -- and maybe I will buy the shades.

Hmmm -- I can get angular clock faces -- interesting thought...

When I do the mission style clock maybe an trapezoidal clock face and
lightly smoked glass for the "viewport".

--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek