Charles M. Kozierok

In article ,
ameijers wrote:
}
} "Travis Jordan" wrote in message
} . ..
} Kendall P. Bullen wrote:
} I haven't been impressed with any models. Generally, the batteries
} give out after a few years.
}
} Yep, so do the rechargeable batteries in cell phones, laptop computers,
} and even (different technology) cars.
}
} Batteries, keypads, cheap cords, etc. Sitting next to me is a 1974 vintage
} Ma Bell WECO 2500 desk set, baby blue in color. It'll likely outlive me. I
} have zero use for modern lightweight junk phones, cordless or corded,
} designed to be replaced every 3-5 years. Western Electric used to make them
} with a design lifespan of 40-50 years, back when you rented them. I only
} have so many years left- worrying about when the phone is gonna need upkeep
} or replacement doesn't deserve a spot on my to-do list.

To each his own. I prefer the convenience of modern phones with features
like cordless operation, and IME I have never had an electronic phone
die after 3-5 years.

peace,

-*-
charles