HvacTech2

Hi Joseph, hope you are having a nice day

On 08-May-05 At About 13:07:36, Joseph Meehan wrote to All
Subject: gas water heater ???s

JM From: "Joseph Meehan"

JM HS wrote:
Hi

ITEM 3 year old 40 gal gas water heater. Uses natural gas All
plumbing and venting 3 years new. Mounted on two foot pedestal in
garage.

Pilot went out Sunday.

Relit Pilot ok Burner would not fire.

Tried several times over five hours with pilot off, relite no
burner.

House water was hot all day.

House gas furnace was functional so not a gas supply problem.

Later that nite Burner fired up

Is this a problem or sign of failure to come?

tia

JM It sounds like the thermocouple is weak or misaligned or the pilot
JM jet may need cleaning or adjusting. None of those are expensive or
JM difficult to do.

JM I am not sure what "Tried several times over five hours with pilot
JM off, relite no burner." means. If you mean you tried to turn on the
JM burner without the pilot on or right after lighting it, that could
JM be your problem The main burner should not light with the pilot
JM out and it may take a few seconds to warm up the sensor to allow
JM the main burner to kick in. ..

And here we are again mr. meehan. what if he has a power vented heater?
I just admit he isn't as clear as he should be but you are answering
questions you know nothing about Again!! it does sound as though he has a
power vented heater.

-= HvacTech2 =-

... Pilots are just plane folks.

___ TagDude 0.92á+[DM]
spam protection measure, Please remove the 33 to send e-mail