mike

Doug McLaren wrote:
In article , mike wrote:

| You MUST have a spot welder to connect the cells. DON'T LET ANYBODY
| TELL YOU OTHERWISE!!!!!

Here, I'm going to tell you otherwise.

I just love it!!!!

snip
But you can certainly solder your own battery packs together, and once
you get the hang of it, the odds of a bad pack are very low.

snip
I've made lots of them -- for radios, for R/C planes and transmitters,
for power tools, and have not had any problems beyond a small
percentage (10% ?) not making the grade once I ran them on the cycler.

There you go. 10% INITIAL failure rate. That's sure the way I want to
run MY business....

If you're afraid of soldering directly to the battery itself,

this is just nuts!!!

Probably true. I certainly wouldn't rebuild somebody else's laptop
battery for them, but I might try it for my self.

The above is the most telling part of your whole soldering suggestion.
Somehow I thought that rebuilding someone else's pack was necessary to
have a business...soldering is NOT acceptable.

If you listen carefully, you can hear the sound of me beating a dead
horse...
mike
..
Wanted 12" LCD for Compaq Armada 7770MT.
MAKE THE OBVIOUS CHANGES TO THE LINK
htremovethistp://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Monitor/4710/