John Todd

On Sat, 28 May 2005 23:39:24 GMT, wrote:

Okay,

I have a Sony KV36XBR200 WEGA (1999 model) that's been a great TV
until a few weeks ago when the picture began flashing on and off every
few seconds. There is no identifiable "blink code." When I turn on the
TV, I've seen the LED flash anywhere from 11 to 18 times before the
picture comes on. Until the set warms up, the picture blinks on and
off continuously. But it gets better as it stays on longer...

Sounds like an electrolytic cap to me, one of the operating
voltages is taking a long time to come up.