ameijers

"Travis Jordan" wrote in message
. ..
Kendall P. Bullen wrote:
I haven't been impressed with any models. Generally, the batteries
give out after a few years.

Yep, so do the rechargeable batteries in cell phones, laptop computers,
and even (different technology) cars.

Batteries, keypads, cheap cords, etc. Sitting next to me is a 1974 vintage
Ma Bell WECO 2500 desk set, baby blue in color. It'll likely outlive me. I
have zero use for modern lightweight junk phones, cordless or corded,
designed to be replaced every 3-5 years. Western Electric used to make them
with a design lifespan of 40-50 years, back when you rented them. I only
have so many years left- worrying about when the phone is gonna need upkeep
or replacement doesn't deserve a spot on my to-do list.

aem sends...