On Sun, 29 May 2005 09:49:47 -0400, "kip" wrote:

The board that is attached to the end of the CRT ..
There you will see a little pot with a black shaft thats the adjustment .

kip

Thanks Kip.

I believe I found what you're talking about. being electronically
challenged I understand "pot" to be a potentiometer, and on the board
at the end of the CRT, I found a little black box housing that had a
little adjustment screw that I think fit the bill. It was the only
thing it could be actually... I tried adjusting it (turning it both
left and to the right) by very (very) small increments at a time. I
kept doing this until I had reached the limits both ways (about half a
turn on a phillips head). But I saw no change in the picture. Turning
to the right, I may have noticed the picture bleeding some (text
looked shadowy- but it may have been the way I was looking around the
set from the back).

I guess I have no choice but to write this one off and find another
set... "The Big Screen Store" in Fredericksburg just sent me a flyer
on their "Private Memorial Day Sale." Guess I'll pay them a visit
today or tomorrow. They're offering no money down and no interest for
2 years on any Mitsubishi Plasma or DLP HDTV or $1000 off the Sony XBR
70" HDTV ;-)

Should I just send this old one to the Dump? Or should I try
contacting someone that may have a use for salvagable parts?

Thanks again