mike

SY Chun wrote:
Hello,

I am seriously thinking of a battery refill business for a living. It would
be most likely a one-man shop by myself. I thought the refill is one way of
using our resource safely and economically if properly serviced and managed.
Even though I studied the electronic engineering in college many decades
ago, this energy/battery industry is totally new to me.

I suppose there are basic steps in doing this: Opening the battery pack,
disconnecting the circuitry, replacing batteries with new ones after some
welding work, connecting the circuit, and sealing the seams. I have,
however, no idea on the complexity of each step, type of tools and machines.

Would you be kind enough to give me a piece of advice on this business
technically or non-technically or business-wise. Every information,
experience, warning, advice or threatening from you will help me a lot.
Thanks a lot!

With best regards,

SY Chun

You MUST have a spot welder to connect the cells. DON'T LET ANYBODY
TELL YOU OTHERWISE!!!!!
You MUST have a LOT of insurance. If anything you ever touched
catches fire or if someone's laptop dies for ANY reason, you'll
be getting a call from some nice lawyers.
You MUST have proprietary information from the equipment vendor.
Some/many battery packs lose their brain when you disconnect the cells.

Nobody is ever happy with their device battery. Last place you
want to be is in the middle. "Battery pack can't be repaired."
"Whaddya mean, it worked when I sent it to you?".....

Suggest you find a simpler business with less legal downside and fewer
customer issues.
mike

..
Wanted 12" LCD for Compaq Armada 7770MT.
MAKE THE OBVIOUS CHANGES TO THE LINK
htremovethistp://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Monitor/4710/