NSM

wrote in message
oups.com...
6.5 hours per day 365 days a year is average in a US household.
I remember seeing RCA sets with the warranty clock come in with an
average of 14+ hours per day on time, some with more!!!! Most of those
had been run at the default picture setting levels in the user menu,
you know the torch setting.

I've got a little RCA 19" (labelled as Penney's) which I bought in '81 and
which still runs OK. I've tweaked the guns a couple of times and the pots
are a bit noisy now. I have a similar Radio Shack TV bought a few years
later which also runs fine. Unfortunately the 28" RCA I bought about the
same time was one with the crappy steel rivets instead of plated through
holes and the tuner only works if I force it to one side with a stick!