habbi

I remember putting together some IKEA stuff with these fasteners. Anyway Lee
Valley's are to small, any idea where to buy larger ones for 1/2 or 5/8"
thread?
"Tom Quackenbush" wrote in message
news
habbi wrote:

I am not sure on stair terminology but when you say riser do you mean the
the sides of the stairs or the back where your toes hit when going up

them.
If you mean the sides then that sound like a good idea. I could plug the
holes with wood plug as well. As for the nut do you think a hex nut
squeezing on the round side of the hole would be fine.

No, your terminology is fine, mine was screwed up. Read "stringer"
where I wrote "riser".

Hex nuts would probably be OK, but something like this would be
better:

http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...842,41269&ap=1

R,
Tom Q.