George

"NotGonnaTakeIt" wrote in message
oups.com...
Well, you "used to use" which means you have experience with this, and
I did not. My contractor refers to a local retail flooring store,
and their prices were so much higher than what I found online.
FastFloors.com advertises "First Quality". If they are committing
fraud by misrepresenting what they are selling, I will have two
companies to file complaints against when I contact California's State
Attorney General next week. I called Mannington and they had me check
the labels on the boxes, and they stated that based on the label
information, I had first quality wood. As of now, I do not believe it.

Also, if the distributor's (Galleher) rep who came out to my home lied
to me about the product I have here, I will add them to the list as
well.

I did plan out my project to the best of my ability, but I am the
homeowner, NOT the contractor, architect, etc. This is the first time
we've ever had a custom home built, and it is definitely a learning
experience. I will have American Express duke it out with Mannington,
Galleher and FastFloors.com. In the meantime, we're almost done with
installation, but we are out of good wood again as of today, so I will
have to order more again Monday.

I think this is a perfect example of you get what you pay for. I would have
asked myself why the online place is so much less rather than just going for
the cheapest price.

I don't feel it's so much a case of an uninformed consumer as it is
outright fraud on the part of one or more parties.